Tuesday, June 24, 2008  
Time for the round table...
Days 'til Kickoff: 67

To start off - Cheers to AJ McCarron for making the final roster for the Elite 11 camp. That's big time right there, dude. All the big time quarterbacks make it to that thing. Vince Young, JaMarcus Russell, Troy Smith, Matthew Stafford, Tim Tebow, Matt Leinart....blah blah blah. All the big names have been there, done that. Now, one of our boys gets to.

Oh yeah...make sure you go pick up the new Shinedown record today. It's available EVERYWHERE, so go to Wal-Mart, Best Buy, Target, wherever, and get your copy. It's worth it.

The other blogs have already done it, so I figure I'll throw in my 2 cents. Time for the Crimson & White Roundtable.



1. what team will be the biggest surprise in the sec in ’08? the biggest disappointment?
I may be a homer, but I'm noticing that not a lot of people are expecting Alabama to do much this year. I think a 9-3 season is definitely not out of the question, and I'm sure that will be an absolute shock to most of the so-called "experts." The biggest disappointment will, no doubt, be Georgia. Everybody wants them to go on this tear to the national title game this year, but their schedule is absolutely brutal. There's no way they'll go undefeated, and if I had to wager, I'd think they'll suffer at least two losses.

2. we appear to know who our qb is going to be for the season barring something crazy, but not all offensive skill positions are so certain. as the season progresses, who do you see stepping up to be this squad's most productive rb? and wr?
The most productive running back will be Glen Coffee. He'll get the bulk of the carries this year because he's a tough nosed, between-the-tackles kinda guy. Terry Grant will be a scat-back, and will catch a lot of screen passes, etc, but he won't be our every down back. I have a feeling that Nikita Stover will be our best wide receiver this year. Julio will make some big plays, as will Darius Hanks and Marquis Maze, but Stover's been there before and knows how to come up big. He'll be a good senior leader this year.

3. obviously "the saban" is lord and savior, and created the heavens and the earth, but if you were forced to trade saban for another active coach, who would it be and why?
I'd have to go with Pete Carroll. Yeah, I hate the guy, but at the same time, you can't mess with his record. He understands how important defense is, how important talent is, and he loves to have fun with his players. He's the "coolest" coach in America, but he's about as focused as they come.

4. some people view bama fans as insane. while "insane" is an awfully strong word, many bama fans have a disturbing obsession with their team. what is the most significant/unique/valuable/weird piece of bama paraphernalia you have and why?
Wow. I don't feel like I have anything that weird. I guess I can claim my elephant tattoo with the red shading outside of it. Very much Bama influenced (also because my daughter loves elephants, but that could be from my Bama obsession as well). We'll stick with that - I have a tattoo for my favorite team.


COACH STALLINGS: game #38 - Tulane 17 at Alabama 31 - Birmingham, AL - 9/4/93

The only thing I remember about this game is that we were supposed to destroy this team and we didn't. Kinda scared a few people off the bandwagon early.

Overall Stallings record: 32-6
 

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home





Google
 



ARCHIVES
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
July 2010
August 2012

MY BAND
Prosevere
myspace.com/prosevere

LINKS
Roll Bama Roll
Capstone Report
TideSports.com
My Bama
BamaNation.net
Third Saturday in Blogtober
The Bama Report

EDSBS (FL)
The Chris Vernon Show
VolNation.com (TN)
Fanblogs
Sunday Morning QB

Powered by Blogger



Memphis Tider store


Alabama football tickets
College football tickets
BCS Championship game tickets