Monday, February 12, 2007  
Hahahah...Mondays
This time next week I should have an update from Tuscaloosa. I get to tour the entire football complex on Sunday afternoon, so hopefully I'll have a lot of pictures, etc. to show to you cats.


I spent the weekend working on my car and watching the basketball game. Transmission went out, something is wrong with the axle, and my air conditioner isn't working - makes for a long weekend with very little updating.

And, as soon as I got into work this morning, I was given a project to work on, so the recruiting review will have to wait.


I was pretty harsh on Andy Kennedy. I apologize for that. It is pretty ridiculous though, but I guess that's what the less talented teams have to do to win. Just look at Tennessee last year.

Oh well. A win at Florida on Wednesday night will cure all of that. Did you know that we're the last SEC team that beat Florida? That's right...sho nuff.


Florida State tights ends coach and recruiting coordinator, John Lilly, turned down Alabama's offer to join Saban's staff. The article also mentions that spring practice will start March 24th.

Kevin Scarbinsky reminds everyone that Mark Gottfried is NOT Mike Shula in a suit. Seriously...people saying he should be fired are idiots.



Roll Tide guys, and we'll catch up with this later on.
 

Comments: yeah, but then again, something tells me that the SEC wants to make sure that they get in as many as possible. The only real way to make sure Bama gets in is to win at Florida.

I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility to win, but I will be expecting a big time loss there.
# posted by Blogger Memphis Tider : 12:16 PM   memphis tider - were you at the game in Oxford? I was, work at UM, and avid Bama TidePride nut. The officiating was a tale of two halves. The SEC officals suck! They let the first 5 minutes of the game go. Rough banging around the goal was let go. From the 5 min mark in the first till about the last 10 minutes of the game they called everything - except moving screens. The last 10 they wouldn't call any fouls. The Hollinger foul was so bad - got fouled 4 times. The foul that didn't get called that turned out to be the game winner for UM was the push for a rebound with about 1:45 left. The ball went out of bounds and UM made a 3 to seal the deal. I was near this goal and it was a blatent foul that was just ignored because of the loud home crowd (the biggest at UM ever).

I wish the SEC officals were consistent! Wait... They are consistent...Consistently BAD!!!

Love your blog!

PS: How did you get a tour of the complex in T-Town? I am jealous...
# posted by Blogger BamaBuck : 1:42 PM   I've got a few friends down there...haha. You'll see the pics. I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Yeah, the officiating is definitely home cooking. I wasn't there...mainly because I had a feeling that something like that would happen. I ended up watching with several of my friends at the house.

The way Ole Miss plays is very reminiscent of Huggins' teams at Cinci and Bartow's teams at UAB (AK's two mentors). They'll beat you up until the refs just get sick of blowing the whistle. I made the remark that they'd stop blowing the whistle with about 10 minutes left in the 2nd half. Ole Miss plays about 12 men deep - also known as hitmen.

We were just dumb and we let them hang around. Riley blew several fast break opportunities. He's incredibly lazy with the basketball and doesn't know how to convert. He's kinda like Jean Felix, only we could play through Felix's bad shooting last year...this year it's a little tougher without Steele playing well.
# posted by Blogger Memphis Tider : 5:30 PM   Post a Comment



<< Home





Google
 



ARCHIVES
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
July 2010
August 2012

MY BAND
Prosevere
myspace.com/prosevere

LINKS
Roll Bama Roll
Capstone Report
TideSports.com
My Bama
BamaNation.net
Third Saturday in Blogtober
The Bama Report

EDSBS (FL)
The Chris Vernon Show
VolNation.com (TN)
Fanblogs
Sunday Morning QB

Powered by Blogger



Memphis Tider store


Alabama football tickets
College football tickets
BCS Championship game tickets